WHOOPS...I JUST GOT SACKED!!!!

I GOT SACKED


Yes, you read right, I just got sacked…#sad…

You remember the gist I gave you about my Eureka moment (If you are new here, quickly click here https://momentswithtolu.blogspot.com/2020/04/my-eureka-moment.html  to read). So, after my Eureka moment, I got clarity on what I should be doing and I wrote them down on paper. I was really excited sincerely and I’m still excited o, don’t get me wrong because that’s one of the best things that has happened to me recently.

I wanted to achieve these dreams I wrote down. I pictured them in my head and smile and say to myself, baby girl you are on track. I would even jot down ideas around it per day and draw diagrams for more clarity

I then discovered that I started to lose focus on the dreams, I didn’t feel the same vibrations I felt when I had my Eureka moment, but I was telling myself, I’m at the incubation stage, let me not rush it, I visited the book I wrote down the dream every day although only when I felt like it. I started to share most of my time with Instagram scrolling and WhatsApp chatting and slept some more. I started to fall into routines and I felt something in me was not properly aligned. 

One day while I was reflecting, on my journey to take an afternoon nap, #rolling eye… I remembered what my coach Olori always say “It is not the same person that got the dreams/vision that would execute “and my mind stayed on the sentence.

Immediately, I was able to point out my misalignment. I realized that my vision was clear but I didn’t have the execution mindset yet. And I knew right then that the person I was at the time, wasn’t the right woman for execution, I needed the skills of an executor, so I sacked myself …#Sad…

Laying off myself was the best decision to make at that instance. I gave myself a mental sack letter “Dear Ayanfe the dreamer, thank you for being amazing and being able to dream and birth a beautiful vision. The skill needed for this phase is disciplined executor, we hereby request that you step down on your dreamer position and allow the disciplined executor to resume with immediate effect. Thank you”

Then I recruit myself again with the mindset of an executor. “Dear Ayanfe the Executor, thank you for accepting the offer of executing the father’s dream, please note that in your new position as a disciplined executor, procrastination is a taboo and the passion for excellence is the driving force, we are glad to have you on board. Hopefully, you bring ruthless executor spirit to the table. Thank you”

And then I went to my  Father, the revealer of secrets, to empower me for the new assignment as an executor, give me eyes that see, ears that hear and the spirit that perceives to be able to know the right steps to take, the right knowledge to acquire, in short, to guide me through this journey because He knows the end from the beginning.

He then began to teach me steps to take, courses to take to enhance my execution mindset, I became empowered to do the dirty work, I lost interest in chatting and scrolling Instagram pages. All I was concerned about was getting the job done. I wrote down a short affirmation to keep me abreast of the dream I’m trying to achieve.

Friends, I would encourage you to weigh your dreams against your plans, are you balancing both energies, if not please sack yourself and recruit the new the person for the job, the new person is inside YOU and the person is always ready to come out. Remember “YOU ARE THE (WO)MAN FOR THE JOB”

Thanks for reading, what part do you love the most? Put your response in the comment section.

Don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment, and share.

Lots of love.

Tolulope.


Comments

  1. One of the best articles I’ve read. Short and Precise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ayanfe, thanks for writing this. I was inspired. You're loved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Nice blog keep it up Bby.. Thanks for being a blessing.. You're da best!!!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece, the woman for the job is an executor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you talking to me?
    You see Me for Dream?

    This is timely!

    Thanks Tolu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved where you came to the realisation that spending time on irrelevant things such as trying to be updated with the happenings on the gram was you focusing energy on the wrong things and not getting the job done, and coming to a swift decision to layoff that side of you.
    I absolutely love your blog because it is very relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words πŸ€—πŸ€—

      Delete
  7. Not there yet but working towards accomplishing my dreams... thanks for this push

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ma... We are in this together πŸ€— πŸ€—

      Delete
  8. Awesome,I pray this new self keep yielding until the end in Jesus name. Weldone dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article!!! I hear you clearly! There is a time to dream and a time to execute! Transitioning from dreaming to execution would require intentionality and growth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When God uses his vessels to speak it's adamant we listen
    Thank you for allowing yourself to be used
    This is such a beautiful and helpful piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking of a different thing when I saw the heading(lol). This is a very helpful piece. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful piece.
    Exactly what i need to do.

    So many dreams but no executor yet.

    I have always wanted to write a piece like this. Feed the hungry and start up a business that would continue to run even when i have left the earth.

    First advice is to get Hannah the dreamer to write her dream in clear words then lay her off to hire Hannah the executor.

    I am definitely subscribing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am... So right... You are on track.. Keep at it

      Delete
  13. Dear Tolulopemi, my heart was pumping as i was reading this piece. I can relate to this. It takes only discipline to be a good executor and we need to wear that cap if we want to achieve our vision because note your vision is always bigger than you and vision is spiritual. Thanks sis. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea, I had to stop dreaming and start acting recently too. Stage of execution of our set dreams and fulfilment of our goals..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

...HE LEFT ME...

GOD CAN BE TRUSTED!!!

I GOT PROPOSED TO ; AND I SAID YES